Advocacy Program Regarding smoking and tobacco control and regulation with hotel trade associations and restaurant operators.
Name of Client: Ministry of health and population, National health education, information and communication center, Teku Kathmandu
Duration of Assignment: 22 Jun 2023 to 05 Jul 2023
Description of assignment:
The main objective of this program was to provide and advocate hotel and restaurant operators about Smoking and Tabaco control incorporating different laws, rules and regulations about Smoking and Tobacco. The program was conducted in seven different local bodies of seven districts of Nepal
- Bandipur Rural Municipality,Tanahu
- Kwholasothar Rural Municipality, Ghale gaun, Lamjung
- Tilotama Municipality, Rupandehi
- Sainamaina Municipality, Rupandehi
- Kohalpur Municipality, Banke
- Thakubaba Municipality, bardiya
- Dhulikhel Municipality, kavrepalnchowk
A total of 230 participants participated in the advocacy program. The program focused on the following activities:
- Review of relevant literatures on policies, plans, programs regarding health sector, especially on smoking and tobacco products with related case studies focusing on human health and environment along with its control and prevention
- Conducted one advocacy program in each 2 rural municipality and 5 municipality of 7 districts.
- Conduction of awareness program with in collaboration and coordination with the concerned local level.
- Preparation of presentation focusing on the human health and environment for participated, hotel trade associations stakeholders and hotel/restaurant operators in the presence of repesentative of local body, municipal health department chief/representative, chief/representative, and concern relevant stakeholders.
- Inform about Commitments and treaties made by nepal to the world regarding Smoking and Tobacco products.
- Encourage people to follow the laws and regulations and guidelines made regarding Smoking and Tobacco products