Preparation of Capacity Development Plan (CD Plan) of 4 LGs of Cluster-2: Jumla and Humla District
Location: Chandannath Municipality, Kharpunath, Patarasi and Simkot Rural Municipality
Name of Client: Provincial Center for Good Governance (PCGG), Surkhet.
Although local governments have created institutional structures, it is more crucial to have the institutional and human resource ability to respond to changing public expectations. Finding and implementing various capacity-building measures for the expansion and mobilization of the institutional, human resource management, human resource development, and service sector is inevitable in order to ensure the provision of services and good governance through the institutional development of the municipality, identifying the deficiencies in the capacity of the institutional structure, people’s representatives, employees, and service users. Therefore, the capacity development plan of four local governments in Humla and Jumla district was prepared with the aim of making different services provided by the municipality sustainable and result-driven.
Objectives of Capacity Development Plan
- To enhance the institutional and human resource capacity of Chandannath Municipality and its related development partner agencies to make development management and public service flow efficient, quality and transparent.
- To identify the strengths and weaknesses of the local government in order to perform its functions in a manner that is accountable to the people in accordance with the rights obtained from the constitution and prevailing laws,
- Identifying the need to increase the efficiency of local development stakeholders including elected officials, employees and supporting agencies in order to efficiently manage the rights and responsibilities received by the municipality by adopting the participatory method,
- Identify the differences between knowledge, skills, perceptions and existing capabilities required for effective service delivery and guide the formulation and implementation of need-based capacity development programs,
- To prepare the basis for following and using the latest dimensions, technologies and systems of modern administration in service delivery and development management,
- Identifying the weak areas in the field of institutional development and human resource development and determining the strategy for operating, implementing and using the capacity development program as a process and
- Identify the areas that need to be invested in for institutional development and set the institutional development program accordingly.